- (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
- INFORMAL destiny or fate, following as effect from cause
(From livescience.com) What is the real meaning of karma?
Karma, a Sanskrit word that roughly translates to “action,” is a core concept in some Eastern religions, including Hinduism and Buddhism. … With karma, like causes produce like effects; that is, a good deed will lead to a future beneficial effect, while a bad deed will lead to a future harmful effect.
a synonym for karma… kismet
People over analyze the word and use it inappropriately… I certainly most likely have. In the end it is just a word with a definition, not a religion…. and a likely pseudonym of a stripper.
I got the inspiration from a political comedy show and funny mfer… Bill Mahr. I always said that comedians, the good ones, are the best philosophers, they make you think while they make you laugh.
If you are thinking that karma has a place in religion, I think so, but not the way we think about it. Not in personal terms. God doesn’t only love one person and gets karma for that person. Its probably in a more grand scale, like climate change. Treat the earth like shit and karma has its role. The bible says, hahahaha, this would drive Bill Mahr crazy, that you divide your farm into seven plots and you sow from six of them while you let one rest and heal itself. The next harvest you let another heal itself, while you use the other six. This has been scientifically proven to be right, but people don’t do that, they just use all the land and don’t allow for the earth to repair itself. It basically says treat the earth kindly, but we don’t and now we have this. I can see mushroom clouds on top of people’s heads right now quoting religion to defend climate change policies.
See if I can give an example. A dip shit robs a bank, he gets caught and goes to jail. That is karma…also can be called justice, among other things. A wall street guy allows for shitty mortgages and he gets rich… that’s called fucked up.
Like every other word, the definition of karma changes over time when people use it wrong and no one corrects them. Here are some examples….
- Silly. Original meaning: Blessed with worthiness….. not anymore
- Flux. Original meaning: Diarrhoea or dysentry…. ha… not even close
- Fudge. Original meaning: Lies and nonsense…. Well, some people do eat both up without hesitation
- Leech. Original meaning: A doctor or healer…. Now, it’s the guy from the rich and famous
- Stripe. Original meaning: A mark on the skin from a lash…. how definitions change. The more stripes you get in the military is now a good thing. Not back then.