The number one reason for deaths in this country is heart disease and the biggest contributors are smoking excessively, eating unhealthy foods excessively and sitting in the couch excessively or not exercising.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
- Heart disease: 611,105
- Cancer: 584,881
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
- Alzheimer’s disease: 84,767
- Diabetes: 75,578
- Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
- Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149
Eating a balanced diet filled with vegetables and fruit will decrease the chances of falling in the top three categories dramatically.